Monday 4 August 2014

Monday, August 4, 2014 - 7 months

Hey familia! =)

This week was really good! =)

We invited Marisole and Aldana to be baptized for August 30th, and they said YES! So we're helping them to prepare for this day! Marisole isn't married but living common-law and he doesn't want anything to do with the church. He won't let them go to church and we visit them when he's at work, which makes things really difficult. Satanas.... but I have faith that we can baptize Aldana! She's seriously so amazing, and has so much animos to get baptized! =) 

We did lots of contacting this week. It's the worst knocking doors, but we found a new investigator! She's super evangelic and says amen to everything, it was kinda funny. Si amen, si, amen, AMEN! Haha bueno. The worst is when you get the doors slammed in your face. Walking for hours and hours in the cold, then bomb door, or the people are 'I'm really cold, chau. Oh really, think about us. Guh. Anyway. It's ok. 

This week we had around 78 people in church when we normally have 20 people. We brought all the in-actives back into the fold… haha not. It was a baby blessing but equal it was pretty rad. A lot of new people, so it was cool to share what you believe with those who don't know anything. I also played the piano and rocked it. Haha and the President was there because the mom of the baby cooks in the mission home. They're so cute. They can't have babies and adopted this baby and she's so adorable and they are so happy. We also went to their house for lunch after church which was nice. We were there for like 3 hours haha it reminded me of the suppers we'd have with the Elders there and stuff. It was good! 

Sunday was also super frustrating because our investigators never came, nor the miembros inactivo. I feel like we do everything we can to meet the needs of the people and to share something that can bring the Spirit into their lives, but then they don't do anything about it. That's the hardest for me. It crappy because our area is all inactive and I don't know. They just have hardened their hearts so much and it sucks. Some houses we can't even get in. 

Anyway we continue to work hard despite the difficulty. I love this work and I know this church is so true. I love it soooooooo much! Man I just am so happy to know what we know because I know without the gospel, I'd be a gongshow. haha

Love you guys! 
Hermana Miller
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment