Monday 17 February 2014

Monday, February 17, 2014 - ROCA

FIRST OFF HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so mad at myself because I was gonna tell you on the phone, then I was gonna tell you when we emailed, but I forgot both times! I'm so sorry! But I did remember! So I hope you guys had a wonderful anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!

and happy valentine day! wooo. I hate valentines day.


Wow it seems forever since I last emailed! I've been looking forward to this day for way to long! I seriously miss you guys more than life! How do I say I´m not depressed and hate my life in the nicest way. hahaha but in all seriousness it's so hard.

My first area is Roca! Its not very hot here. All the locals are cold haha and I'm like sweating! Haha um the food is good. When we eat we don't have a set time for supper which kills me, but when the members feed us, they feed us. I've only eaten at members house twice, but it was always good! The people are very understanding of my lack of Spanish, but it sucks for me, I just sit there in the home and smile. Trying not to cry and feeling like a complete idiot. It sucks so much. but when we teach I'm able to bear my testimony of the things that I know to be true. We had a cool experience yesterday where we taught a meimbro inactivo (inactive member) and I bore my testimony and I was getting emotional, and so was she. It was very good, made me feel like I had a purpose or something I don't know. 

Wow are we ever blessed in Canada though! Like wow! I look at what families have here and want to cry because of my selfishness back home. Their houses aren't any bigger than my room. With an average of 4 children. Their table, tv, chairs, are all in one room which makes up their kitchen and living room. It's crazy. I've definitely gained gratitude here if anything. I'm so grateful for what we have back home. My companion asked if I have a car, and I say yes and she was soooooooo shocked, little does she know we have 4. Or she'll ask if I have a washing machine and again be so surprised. We have 2 and 2 dryers. It's so sad. We really should be grateful for what we do have because people here have nothing! Like wow!!!

My companion is a sweetheart. Hermana Morales, she's from El Salvador. She's been out in the mission for 8 months and speaks very little English! Like very little! Hahahah but we're able to communicate. Everything that I learnt in the CCM I can actually say now. Well kinda, I use present tense mostly all the time. Ughhhhh, I want to know Spanish now! How did you learn it dad? What did you to learn it?

Dad and Keat! Everest is coming so soon, no! When do you guys leave again??? Are you freaking out? That'll be just as hard as my mission, hahaha! As if you guys are climbing Everest. Do you do anything to prepare? You're gonna come back so skinny hahahhahah. I'm excited for you guys!!!!!!

How's reading the BOM for Trek? When is Trek? You guys need to send me the dates of all these exciting things ya'll are doing!!!!!!! haha 

My pension. I almost forgot to tell you about it. I hate it. It's so gross. It's like so small and when I got there it was so dirty. I've been working to try and clean it a lot, it's seriously disgusting. It's super small and the dishes aren't washed with soap. The bathroom smells so bad and I forgot my shower shoes in Neuquen and I hate showering because the floor is so slimy and so disgusting!!!!! I hate it. I'd rather sleep in an outhouse than pee in that bathroom. It's gross. waaaa no, me gusta. Haha but once I clean it, it will be better! 

Church was fun...not. They put me on the piano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was playing songs I hadn't played in so long. I was so stressed and I bore my testimony in sacrament. I was  memorizing more phrases to say during RS and sunday school for my testimony. It was stressful but it was so good to take the sacrament. I was looking forward to that all week. What a blessing that is.

So ya, that's my life. Hahaha it's a struggle, everyday, but I take one day at a time. I just remember why I'm here and everything seems right. I knew a mission was gonna be hard, and I'm ready to take it all on. I can do hard things. I just want to be 4 months into my mission and be able to speak in Spanish, mostly. Hahaha and understand what is going on, where we're going, when we're going there, what we're eating, and when we're eating, but heck I'm loving it. I know I sound like I'm complaining but in all seriousness I love it more than ever. i love the people, I love my trainer, I love the gospel, and I love my mission more than anything. 

I love you guys, thanks so much for everything you've done for me! I wouldn't be here without all of you! I love the mission! I love the gospel! It is true without a doubt, I know it is true! Keep doing FHE and go to the temple! =) Love you more than life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Hermana Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOUTOUTS!!!!!!!!!!

Shoutout to Russell!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! and CONGRATS ON SENDING YOUR MISSION PAPERS! I´M SO STOKED FOR YOU!

Shoutout to Shelby! Who sent me a crap load of pictures! I felt like I was on instagram and it made my life. 

Shoutout to Hermana McMahon! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Shoutout to BARRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I MISS HIM SO MUCH! 

Shoutout to everyone who didn't have a valentine, because neither did I!

SHOUTOUT TO EVERYONE WHO WRITES ME! YOU MAKE MY LIFE!

XOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment