Thursday 16 January 2014

Thursday, January 16, 2014


Hey family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Man has this week ever been better!!!! I seriously have had the best 4 days here. The CCM is nuts! I feel like I'm at an EFY on steroids, except you can't have a ''cow'' and you can't chew gum. The no gum kills me but it's offensive to the people here in Argentina, so you can't chew it and I LOVE GUM! 
 
So I will start with the food because it's actually so delicious here and I'm gonna get fat.  We had tacos one night and it was delicious. They serve the biggest helpings here and not only did I eat mine but two other girls rice and another half a taco. I was feeling like Christmas dinner fat. It was such a burden but I wasn't upset about it. Lol ohhhh man though like my body is definitely struggling with eating 2 big meals of meat a day. I've been trying to adjust my diet and exercise more, because I have to go to the bathroom all the time.  I'm better now but it was bad. I feel like Matt Alston on holidays. Also for breakfast they have the chocolate ball cereal the boys always eat and I think of the boys EVERY morning.  Also juice is a staple here. You have it for like every meal.
 
The language is a struggle. A big one. I feel like a retard in my class. Haha but I have been studying myself and really putting in the effort to learn it and I can see the progress I've been having.
 
We went out proselyting yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy freaking crap. That was an adventure. They take all the Americans and seriously drop you off in the middle of nowhere and let you at it.  It was so crazy.  I loved it though.  Everyone was freaking out. Like, oh my gosh I'm gonna get robbed, and this is so scary, and so poor. What if a dog attacks me and ew it's so dirty, look at the garbage.  I'm like oh my gosh, shut up.  It was beautiful and the people are SOOO nice here. We had a great time proselyting. We actually ended up getting 2 contacts! So the missionaries in that area are going to go back to see them. Also we got so many double glances and kisses blown and they whistle the weird way like you said dad. They like whistle to get your attention and say something I didn't understand. We just didn't look when they would whistle. Oh and people would greet us, Hola greenga. I'm like waaaaa that's rude. Also when you greet people here you kiss cheeks. Ya that happened. I was like so confused at first. Haha hopefully Hermanas can do that... haha!
 
Our roomies are gone. It was sooooooo sad! I cried a little. We really became like best friends and I love them to death. Hermana Neves was one of my favorites and she's going to Neuquén so we hope we will be companions. She's like I'll wait for you. I love her.  Hermana Ledesma is awesome. I'm hoping to attach some pictures for you guys. But we were seriously so tight. The last night they were here Ledesma had a shower at like 11:30 and the power went out. We were supposed to be in bed like an hour ago but they never follow that rule. So I had to go in the bathroom and hold the flashlight for her until she finished. hahahahahaha 
 
We got one new roommate last night, she's also from Lima, Peru. Man it was so sweet talking to her last night. Or trying to talk to her with the little spanish I know. But she'd say something that I'd like catch onto and I was stoked.  The new Latinos just got here today. Not all of them, but a lot speak English as well which is like totally awesome. Like so awesome. Hopefully they're chill because I seriously loved the group before. Like 3 latino groups will come in and leave before we're even out of here.
 
The beds here are single bunk beds which I don't like, I just miss my queen bed. Also our air conditioning broke so it's like the worst thing ever. Our closet is like a little locker with 3 drawers and like 5 hangers that we live out of. It's a struggle, but mom you'd be so proud of me. I keep it so clean and organized.
 
We get a new mission president on Tuesday! The Openshaw's are done. They're sweethearts. President Openshaw is the most brilliant person I know. Ask him a question and he knows straight up the scripture for it. It's amazing. They really are amazing people and I love them.
 
Well ya that's my life. It's crazy here. Super hot! Like so hot. But so nice because I love the heat. I've been checking the weather in Maggytown on the computer here. It looks like it's been nice, but then you all say there was a snowstorm. Haha that's so crazy! I miss Maggytown and everyone in it.
 
Oh get this. I read 1st Nephi in 2 days. I really wanna finish the BOM before I leave the CCM. We'll see if it happens. So I have to read like 18 pages a day. Past 2 days = success. Wish me luck. It's amazing reading the BOM. To think Joseph Smith translated it from the golden plates is NUTS! The BOM is amazing! I challenge you all to apply it to your lives and study it daily. Weird missionary coming out in me, lol. But seriously you guys! Pray as a family every night, and read the scriptures! Try it just for one week, and let me know if you have seen a change in your lives because you really will. The church is true. I love it. I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to serve.
 
love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo
Love Hermana Miller
 
p.s.  I'm totally forgetting a whole bunch of stuff I wanted to write, but I'll remember next week. The weeks go by pretty fast, but the days feel so long. It's true, so weird. Hopefully I can send some pics! Love you! Miss you guys to the moon and back! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment