Monday 3 March 2014

Monday, March 3, 2014

Hola hola hola hola

Wow 2 months! How crazy is that! I feel like I haven't been here long at all. Throughout the week I wrote things down so this e-mail is gonna be real good. My mind won't be all over the place and I can actually focus, because last week honestly I was not all there. Haha, I could not focus. So here we go.

This week we didn't have any hot water in our pension. So all my showers were freezing cold, and for 24 hours we had no water. It was so crappy. Haha, not only do I hate showering in our shower because it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, but there was no hot water. It was the worst, but we have hot water now! So it's all good.

I dropped the hair extensions. I'm so over attempting to look good. I don't even straighten my hair either. I've just accepted that I'm going to be fat and ugly for a year and a half. Haha not really, but I finally found mousse here! Ugh, I was dying in the CCM without mousse. I thought they didn't have it at all here, but they do!  Booya. So Grandma Miller will be happy that my hair is constantly curly! LOL

I haven't gotten anyones letters yet! I don't know why! Keep 'em coming!  I need love from home! hahaha

Guess what! Our district in Roca has 25 baptisms on March 22! 25!!!!!!!!!!!!! And 1 of them is ours! =) Franco is bomb! I'm so stoked for him! I love watching him grow and accept the gospel and want to learn more! Every time he's at church I just want to give him the biggest hug! But handshake it is!

The food here. Oh my gosh. It is so delicious! The members feed you SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! Seriously. We had gnocchi one day, made me think of you mom because you love it and it was homemade! When I was watching her make it I got so nervous, because she dumped this pot of potatoes on the table, mashed them, put eggs in it. I'm like oh no I'm eating mashed potatoes with raw egg. Hahah but then she rolled it into gnocchi and I was like booya! So I know how to make it! =) The pastries here are delicious! They're called fracturas! Oh so good! I bought two this morning! Alfajors are still my absolute favorite though! I also bought those this morning too, but I bought homemade ones! I'm excited to try them! Also we rode a bus out 20 minutes to visit a meimbro inactivo, and we stopped and picked pears that had fallen onto the ground from the trees. So many pears! Haha seriously picked 2 dozen pears! They're so good! There is fruit growing in peoples yards! We'll pick grapes off their vines or pears. One time I think I saw pomegranates growing in someones yard!

The milk here is so weird. It's in bags, and the milk that isn't in bags is in cartons and it doesn't expire for like 8 months. It's so weird, seriously I bought milk the other day and it doesn't expire till August?! Why?  It tastes really weird too. But I eat and buy everything here that I don´t even like. I bought bananas and I make scrambled eggs in the morning. I eat toast and jam. and cereal....I hate cereal. I drink hot milk at night, like dad does and I never used to like it. But I guess a mission teaches you to do that. I make french toast a lot but they don't have powered sugar. Well I haven't found any yet.   Also they have dulce de leche here. It is soooo good! It's like caramel but so much better! You buy it in containers and I down 1 a week! I put it on everything; my french toast, my steamed milk, it's beauty! So delicious!

My clothes are ok... haha I really want to buy some, but it's hard because there isn't always a lot of time.  Since I really didn't bring that much, I'll listen to dads advice and buy some! I'm not complaining about new clothes hahaha!

In Argentina everyone greets everyone with a beso! On the cheek! I love it! The old grannys love to do the double cheeks! It's so cute! Haha, but it's so awkward when an hombre tries to because you're all awkwardly like ughhh no podemos. Haha, I hate it cause it's so awkward!

Well yep that's my life! Just living it up in Argentina! There are 3 wards in Roca! Two church buildings I believe and it's bomb! I love it here!  Also, the women here breast feed their babies with no blankets! Right in the middle of Church! Seriously boobs. One night I saw a woman sitting outside her door both boobs out and her baby just ughyhh it was weird. Don't see that in Canada for sure, haha!!

Love you guys so much! I miss you tons! This week I actually had my first breakdown because I missed you guys so much! 2 months in with 1 cry sesh, not bad I think, haha. But seriously it was a rough day for Kenz! But I'm so happy to be here! Can't wait to send you guys a pic of my first BAPTISM!!!!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

LOVE HERMANA MILLER!!!
OOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment