Monday 12 January 2015

Monday, January 12, 2014 - Cultral Có

Well I'm not in Chos Malal. That was a sad day, seriously. I definitely thought I wasn't going to leave, then when they said I'm leaving I just was like well this sucks. I seriously cried and so did my companion.

Now I'm here in Cultral Có...training. Haha can you believe it. It's so crazy. I'm training Hermana Bailey. She's from Lehi, Utah. She's so cute and so fun. She's made me laugh so much and we've been together not even a day. So I'm excited. 

It was so hard to say goodbye to the people I love here. Especially Mayra and Nadia. Wow it was hard. It was hard to say goodbye to Richard too. He seriously bawled, so I just gave him a hug and we cried together. =( waaaa 

Then I left Chos Malal at like 1:30 in the morning. We were super late leaving because our taxi that we called 3 times wasn't coming. Ughhhh, it was so stressful. We get to the terminal, the Elders there waiting grabbed our bags, ran to the collectivo and we left. It was so stressful because it almost left without us. We were on for about 3 hours when Hermana Christensen got off in her new area at about 4:30 and there is no one waiting for her. Poor girl, good thing she had our phone. The rest of us kept travelling and I got off in my area at about 6:30. Good thing the Elders were there because my comp wasn't. Seriously transfers are so frustrating haha I was scheduled to get there at like 1 in the afternoon. The zone leader was like ughhhh kinda freaking out. Haha it was funny. So we took 2 taxis over to try and find the Hermanas pension. They didn't know where it was. But we found it and woke them up and I slept maybe 30 minutes. Now I'm here with like 30 minutes of sleepy time. whoooo

Anyway, things here in the mission are changing a lot. We had capacitacion this last week and they have changed so much. In the mission we don't use numbers anymore. Lessons with members, miembros inactivo, everything. No importa. It's so crazy. We only focus on the baptisms. So that's a change, and also on working with inactive members. It's so cool, I'm so excited about this change because I feel like as missionaries we were focusing more on numbers than on the people and their progress. So that's awesome and different! =) I'm excited about it.

Also the new mission president got called. Carlos Casariego, he's from Uruguay, but I won't know him because I leave with the President in July. 

But hey that's me. Super crazy, no? I've been thinking that I'll probably only have 1 area after here. It scares me and man the time is just flying by now. But I'm feeling like this is a good change, maybe not one I wanted but maybe one I needed. Obviously I'm here for a reason and the Lord needs me here. I love what Carson Foggin said in one of his letters, "every time there's a change or transfer I ask myself. I need my companion or my companion needs me or I need my area or my area needs me. Sometimes it's one, sometimes it's all four. I'm excited to see what Cultral Có has in store for me.

Love you guys! Have a super good week! I'll send pics next week because I don't know where my cord is in all my suitcases. 

Love you guys 
xoxoxo 
Hermana Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment