Monday 5 January 2015

Monday, January 5, 2015

This week was super good, but super hard at the same time. We were able to work with Mayra, our new investigadore, so much. She es so capa! She was an antigua but we found her again and she just has so much ganas to get baptized. She's so spiritual and says we found her in the time when she most needed us. She is 16 and has a religious background. We've taught her 5 times and she just understand and accepts things so easily. She downloaded the Book of Mormon on her phone and reads it every night. She was telling us, "I'll text someone, then read, then text someone, then read". Just always reading it on her phone, and she says she marks her favorite scriptures and saves them in her phone. One day we went over and asked if she liked anything and basically quoted 1 Nephi 3:7. She's so amazing!!!! She's accepted a fecha for January 31, so we're going to work with her so much, because she has so much potencial! She came to church yesterday with us too! Re capa!

Other than Mayra, our other investigadores have been really difficult. N is going through a really hard time in her life and is living her old life of drinking, drugs, and prostitution. She's just to a point where we don't even know what to do anymore. She called us a few weeks ago and she had tried to kill herself, cut her wrist and choke herself. When we got there she was out of breath and crying. It scared me so much. We really did calm her down and helped her make a list of why she wants to die, and then a list of her blessings and why she should want to live.  I really think it made her realize how blessed she is. We're working with her right now from the book for addiciones and it has been helping a lot!! We can't drop her because she still comes to church, reads the Book of Mormon and prays. We're pretty straight with her and she knows our purpose here. I'm just so torn and don't know what to do. 

Chos Malal is really good, it's been a hard month because all the members left. I looked at our numbers this past month and just felt really depressed because they're nothing close to how they used to be. It's so frustrating and sometimes I just feel like a crappy missionary. But I guess everything doesn't depend all on numbers which is something I need to remember. The assistencia has been really down as well, we're hoping that this next month we can improve everything. We're working with the group to do the quien no vino hoy and it really is helping and strengthening the group. Which is awesome. 

My companion is so awesome. Really, I feel so blessed to have her as my companion.  I always tell her that God knew I needed her, because she has changed my mission and made me a better missionary. 

Some cool things that happened this week. We live super close to this huge park, like a plaza type deal and there has been 2 concerts this week. We can hear them all night long haha. We went and took some sweet videos. It's funny, Argentina is so weird, they're just sitting out there watching the people sing and drinking mate. haha 

Also I completed a year this week. Can we freak out? It scares the crap out of me. Haha 

Oh also I bought some sweettttttttttt regalos this week! =) Also do you guys have anything you WANT from Argentina? Let me know. I'm just kinda freaking out cause I go home soon and need to buy gifts, so let me know! 

Anyway, have a super good week! Love you guys!
xoxoxoxo
Hermana Miller

Christmas morning, when we climbed the mountain!


New Year's Eve



NEW YEAR'S DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment