Monday 4 May 2015

Monday, May 4, 2015

Hey family! 

So this week was really good! We had so many menos activos in church yesterday! A whole 9 people! Seriously it was cool to see so many menos activos in the church! Some were members who hadn't been in like 5 years or more. We also brought Juli to church yesterday! She loved it! We took her to mutual on Saturday and she made flowers with all the young women for a birthday party, and then she loved the young womens class! The youth in this ward are so great! They're so nice and loving and so great with Juli! So that's awesome! Hopefully Juli can get baptized on the 16th of this month. My companion doesn't want her to get baptized...she thinks it would be better if her family gets baptized together, but I disagree, if she's prepared why wait? We fight about it sometimes. Super frustrating but we'll see what happens! We just will continue to work with her, and help her gain a testimony. =)

So Soledad was another one of the menos activos that came to church yesterday and it was so awesome! She's 14 and hasn't been to church for like 4 years! She lives in Filli Dei and Charlie (who died) is her uncle. Since then we've gotten quite close with her. She's really quiet and timid, but when we went to her house we taught them about el dia de reposa. (I forget what it is in English) anyway about like having to go to church and take the sacrament to renover your baptism conveniots. (I suck at talking) anyway we got her to read the sacrament prayer and she started to cry. We're like what's up and she said that Charlie had given her her scriptures and he told her to read them, and she hasn't read them since he's given them to her. The Spirit was actually really strong! We invited her to come to church. AND SHE CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so great. Seriously. I've said this a million times, but to see someone who you're working with in church - it's the best feeling ever. It's like you're the happiest you are ever in your life. Hahaha I don't know how to explain it but it's like that. 

Another menos activo was Oscar Villar. He's great. He's really progressing, he's been to church twice now and he's started reading the BOM from the beginning. He's great! So we're excited for the progress that he'll continue to make. 

This week we also had intercambios with the Hermana lideres. It was good, I was with Hermana Rodriguez again, thank goodness it was only 1 day and ended good, unlike the other intercambio where we were together for 4 days and ended with sending a missionary home. Ugh seriously that was hard for me. But this intercambio was super good! I loved it! We walked a ton, but it was good.

That was basically my week. The spiritual things. Haha so the non spiritual things, we killed a pig. well we watched someone kill a pig. He wanted me to stab it, but i just couldn't, it was so gross. Ughhhh haha but it was way fun being at the farm, I felt like I was in my place with all these animals, and the dirtiness haha. I was like man I wanna be on the farm right now with Shane and uncle Neil!!! 

We also went to Juli's house one day and her mom Maria made us empeñadas!!! They are so good! I love haha.

But hey love you guys!

It's so crazy how the time is just ticking down. It feels like the weeks go by faster now and it just scares the crap out of me. I'm really excited to see you all but terrified to leave Argentina. It's been my home for 1.5 years and I'm just not wiling to give it up yet. But it's part of life. Man love you guys so much! Talk to you on Sunday … haha.

Love, 
Hermana Miller
xoxoxox
besitos


Chancho






 Selfie with the dead pig








Rain in Filli Dei

My blanket - hahahaha - so creepy

My hair is such long, eh!?

No comments:

Post a Comment